PHS columnist, Tara Taylor Quinn, reveals ten unique things you almost definitely, quite possibly, maybe forgot and/or didn't know about her!
1. I am a secret dog whisperer. I walk into a home and if there’s a dog, he/she is who I greet, whose name I remember, and who I sit with if I can. I trust dogs. I feel like we have a silent understanding. And they generally gravitate to me.
2. I’ve met Jerry Lewis and sat in a small studio in LA and watched part of a closed rehearsal for his telethon because my daughter was in the number with him. His wife and very young daughter were also present.
3. I talk to my plants. I feel an affinity with them and let them know that I am thankful for the beauty they bring to my world. I have rose bushes and when they’re blooming I take time every morning to stop and smell them.
4. I like to hike and climb and have climbed to the top of one of Arizona’s highest mountains. It was an incredibly empowering experience.
5. I own my own water raft and love to get in it, lay back, and float down the Salt River Canyon with my Arizona mountains towering on both sides of me. I’ve seen wild horses, a roadrunner, and eagles while doing so.
6. I am addicted to diet coke – anytime I visit anyone who knows me well, there is diet coke waiting for me. I also travel with my own, just in case. I’ve learned that even in pepsi hotels you can usually go to the bar and request diet coke and they will find some for you.
7. I have one daughter. She started college when she was eight. Graduated for the first time at 15 with a degree in Dance Technology. She got a BS in Psychology at 17, and her law degree at 21. During those years, because she had to be chaperoned on campus, I wrote my books on a laptop while sitting on cold tile floors outside her classrooms.
8. I didn’t have a boyfriend until I was in college and then fell in love with my very first one – and married him thirty years later.
9. I surround myself with things that make me feel good, and love primary colours!
10. I am very close with my mother and spend as much time with her as I can.
Join Tara in talking about her unique secrets on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Tara's latest release, Her Secret Life, is out now. For more information about her and her writing, check out her website and follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.